Requesting a home visit
Requests for visits must be made before 10:00 and usually at the latest by midday. Visiting will normally take place after morning surgery. Please contact the surgery directly for home visits.
Home visits are for patients who are housebound or medically incapable of coming to the surgery. It is better for patients if they are examined at the surgery, where clinicians have access to equipment, good lighting, examination facilities and most importantly your notes with your full medical history and medications.
- You will be asked the reason for the visit.
- Our receptionists are trained to deal with your call and to do so sensitively with confidentiality.
- Some patients will be placed on a housebound register so that reception are immediately aware a visit may be appropriate.
- We rarely visit children at home, as a responsible adult should be available to bring them to the surgery.
- You will normally receive a telephone assessment prior to a visit, which may conclude that no visit is required.
Please remember that transport issues are not a reason for a home visit. This service is only for patients who are housebound or medically incapable of attending the surgery.
Read our home visiting policy in full.